St Helena Local Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Alex Jordaan

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi.  I'm from Cape Town and I've been wanting to come to St Helena for 15 years.  Now that the airport is opening my dream will finally come true.  I have a number of queries I need assistance with.  I'm an outdoors man and I'm want to come do some trail running on the island.  I'm looking for people to show me around, maybe know the trails and would like to run with me.
Johnny Clingham

Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Alex. Welcome to St Helena. Your running skills will certainly be welcome also your running community or club could benefit from the St Helena festival of running 2017 which I think is in November. I am going to put you in contact with the organisers of this event and get them to send you all the information that is needed. drop me an email via the contact page or PM me on here if you need assistance please also let me know if the organisers have engaged with you. I will also send you a podcast link that talks about this event.

Alex Jordaan

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Johnny.  Thanks for your message.  I would love to come to the running festival, but due to work I can only come during Dec/Jan.  I was hoping to find someone that could show me around and run with me.  Maybe you can point me in the right direction.  I'll be waiting for the running festival organisers to contact me.  Also, I tried to PM you but it did not work.

Alex Jordaan

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Johnny,

I hope you are well.

I'm planning my holiday and would like to come for 3 weeks during Dec/Jan.  But I find the accommodation very expensive, at least everything I could find on the web.  What's the chances of staying with a family or couch surfing or even wild camping?  Is wild camping allowed and is the weather good enough?

Regards,

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.