St Helena Local Forum
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
cohannon

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all .... Just came across your blog/site when doing my homework for a visit to your lovely island, hopefully before the end of the year, travel options permitting. Early days as yet but the homework is fascinating and I find myself spending hours scouring the internet. I understand internet access on the island is in it's infancy and expensive at present but looking forward to seeing more activity on this excellent site.

Cheers .... Alan
sthelenaadm

Administrator
Reply with quote  #2 
I think you will be able to fly to the Island in October although you can go to the island on a ship right now on regular service from capetown
cohannon

Reply with quote  #3 
Hi ... Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I'm aware of the possible flights and RMS sailings although i'm led to believe that the sailings are heavily pre-booked for the remainder of this year. My plans are flexible but I would like to be able to rent a room or annex with a st Helenian family for a month to get a true feel for island life rather than standard tourist accommodation. If anyone can assist me with local knowledge or suggestions I would be grateful.

Cheers ... Alan
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.